The Royal Highland Fusiliers was an infantry regiment created by the amalgamation of the Royal Scots Fusiliers with the Highland Light Infantry (City of Glasgow Regiment) in January 1959. In 2006, the regiment was amalgamated with the other regiments of the Scottish Division to become the 2nd Battalion of the Royal Regiment of Scotland (2 SCOTS). They are currently based at Glencorse Barracks, Penicuik, Scotland.