#SocialMedia Tactics: How to Take Over #Twitter
Everyone wants 10,000 followers in 10 days, but why does getting new Twitter followers take so long? Anyone looking to weaponize their narrative, first needs an audience, so here’s a summary of what Forbes thought was a surefire formula to Twitter success:
1. 1-2 months intense Twitter interaction followed by
2. Writing lots of content
3. Tweet a lot (more tweets mean more followers)
4. Import your LinkedIn and email contacts
5. Schedule tweets to create regularity
6. Join a Twitter chat
7. Tweet in every spare moment
8. Follow people who engage with the tweets you like/retweet/reply to
9. Tweet inspirational quotes (people love them, apparently)
10. Follow your followers’ followers
11. Follow Twitter recommendations
Can it be that simple? One of the authors, Daniel Vahab, claimed that by doing just this he had thousands of followers within months (he doesn’t say how many months exactly). Unless he already had thousands of email contacts (possible), that’s quite an achievement.
By the way, the original article posted on the Forbes website on 24 Sep 2013 already has 682,809 views and counting, so it’s working for Forbes.
Photo: A Forward Air Controller of the Green Howards Regiment is pictured using a Forward Control Applicator during Exercise Tropical Storm in Belize by Graeme Main (Crown Copyright).